Central Coast Natural Therapies is located in East Gosford on the NSW Central Coast and is dedicated to providing premium quality wholistic health care for the optimum wellbeing of you and your family.
Julie McNab, naturopath, homoeopath, clinical hypnotherapist and principle practitioner at the clinic has over 30 years clinical experience in Sydney and on the Central Coast. During this period, she has developed a unique system of treatment that can be successfully applied in the management and healing of most health conditions.
Julie is a warm and friendly practitioner whose philosophy is to provide comprehensive, up-to-date wholistic health care and education for people of all ages. Over the years she has assisted thousands of patients in achieving vibrant good health and vitality – naturally and safely.
Once seen as ‘alternative’ medicine or ‘alternative’ treatments, naturopathy, homoeopathy, medical herbalism, hypnotherapy and other related healing modalities, have become very mainstream and respected. An increasing amount of people now consult natural medicine practitioners as their primary health providers. This is because these complementary medicine practitioners are well-educated, highly-trained professionals who focus on the whole person and not just on isolated symptoms in both treating and preventing disease. They aim to identify the cause of each person’s health issues and treat at this level, so that the whole body returns to a state of balanced good health. As a result, natural medicine is more than just a way of simply removing the worst symptoms and instead facilitates the achievement of your optimum good health and vitality – which is the essence of true wellness.
Benefits Of Treatment At The Clinic
One of the most remarkable benefits that people experience as a result of treatment with natural medicine is a sense of being involved in and empowered by the practical process of learning how to become and stay well.
It is important to understand that naturopaths and homoeopaths do not focus on treating ‘conditions’ or ‘diseases’ as such but on working with the whole person in order to treat the underlying cause of illness and thus to restore the entire system to a natural state of wellness.
While not claiming to be a cure, natural medicine can be a successful treatment of such acute and chronic ailments as:
- hormone imbalances – eg. PMS, polycystic ovary syndrome ( PCOS ) infertility, dysmenorrhoea ( painful periods ), low libido, enlarged prostate, menopause. Also all aspects of pregnancy care
- digestive issues – eg. IBS, chronic constipation or diarrhoea, poor assimilation, bloating, liver and gall-bladder disease, food intolerances & allergies
- respiratory problems – eg. asthma, hayfever, bronchitis, pneumonia, colds, flu and other viruses
- cardio-vascular disorders – eg. stroke, heart attack, high blood-pressure, headaches and migraines
- blood-sugar disorders – eg. hypoglycaemia, insulin resistance
- immune weakness – eg. autoimmune disease, chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS), fibromyalgia, multiple chemical sensitivity, bacterial and viral infections
- urinary disorders – eg. enlarged prostate, urinary tract infections, benign prostatic hypertrophy
- skin – eg. Eczema, hives, dermatitis, psoriasis, acne, warts, dry skin and hair, dandruff, brittle nails
- musculo-skeletal problems – eg. Arthritis (rheumatoid and osteo), osteoparosis, acute and chronic inflammation
- childhood illnesses – eg. Ear infections, nappy rash, reflux, sleep problems, behaviour issues. Also advice on food introduction with recipes and advice
- mental and emotional conditions – eg. Anxiety, depression, anger, irritability, insomnia etc
Philosophy & Mission Statement
At Central Coast Natural Therapies Clinic, our philosophy is to provide highest-quality treatment and care in a safe, supportive and comfortable environment.
This is achieved by:
- Having the wellbeing of clients and respect for their needs as a central priority
- Ensuring that the practitioner is fully-qualified and stays up-to-date with the latest research in both natural and orthodox medicine
- Using only supplements, remedies and herbs of the highest quality with well-established safety standards
- Working as a team with each client to empower them by providing information, education and support in addition to thorough treatment plans that are individually-tailored to each patient’s requirements
- Focusing on all aspects of the patient – mind, body and emotions – in order to treat the whole person and not just a ‘condition’
- Educating patients and the wider community about their options with health care in order to create an understanding that good health is not just the absence of disease.
What To Expect
During your initial consultation, the practitioner will have a detailed discussion with you about your health history and lifestyle as well as about the symptoms that you are currently experiencing. This will take between 45 minutes to 1 hour depending upon individual requirements.
In order to make the most of your time with the practitioner, it is valuable to bring with you to the first consultation the ‘Pre-Appointment Form’ (see below). Many people either forget or don’t know their health background, so taking the time to complete this form will allow you to gather information that will be vital to establishing the most beneficial treatment program for you.
For the most effective outcome, a thorough case-taking is essential. This will involve looking at what influences may be affecting your health eg.
- diet (in order to understand what nutrition your body is getting)
- the use of substances such as caffeine, cigarettes and alcohol
- physical injuries
- past history of illness
- medication that has been taken eg. antibiotics, steroids etc
You will be asked specific questions about your symptoms such as how long they have been present, their frequency, intensity and when they mainly occur as well as what makes them better or worse and how they relate to other factors in your life.
If necessary, you will be given a booking for a series of tests eg blood pressure, blood-type, allergy, sensitivity and body function using a variety of techniques and equipment.
A prescription for treatment, based upon your individual requirements, will be dispensed to you with clear instructions regarding dosage of supplements and remedies as well as lifestyle changes that need to be followed.
You will be given information at this appointment that will enable you to understand your treatment plan and to feel comfortable with applying it in your life. Consideration is given to any obstacles that may present difficulties for you because there are many options to how treatment plans can be tailored to suit you.
A follow-up consultation will be booked for between 1 and 4 weeks hence in order to review your progress and to make any adjustments that may be needed to achieve a rapid improvement in health.
In your consultations, we encourage you to always feel comfortable asking questions or requesting more information concerning any queries that you may have. We hope that by understanding and participating in this process, you will feel empowered and inspired to achieve good health and wellbeing for yourself and for your family.