Vitality, Longevity & Healthy ageing
BIA is a science that was originally developed for monitoring patients after surgery in a hospital setting. The test involves connecting leads to your hands and feet then allowing an undetectable low-voltage current through your body.
This is painless and completely safe and provides a clear insight into aspects of your body’s health such as:
- how much total fat and excess fat you have
- where this fat is deposited and the metabolic risk factor that this involves
- the quality and quantity of your muscle tissue
- the health of your cells and cell membranes
- the balance of fluids in your body – inside and outside your cells
- the presence of inflammation
- glandular health
- aerobic fitness
- energy levels
- blood-sugar tolerance
- bone-mineral density and skeletal health
- fluid and calorie requirements
- how stress is affecting your body
- your body’s real biological age ( as opposed to your ‘birthday candle’ age )
This type of testing provides comprehensive information that allows the naturopathic practitioner to assess your health and your desired goals then to design an individually-tailored program that will maximise your energy and ensure that your body is ageing as healthily as possible.
The advantage of BIA / VLA testing is that it allows the practitioner to not only tailor an individual program but to then, with follow-up testing, assess the effectiveness of these programs for each person. This allows for specific fine-tuning of the programs in order to make them optimally effective.
People who may benefit from the Vitality and Healthy Ageing Program include those who want to:
- manage their weight more effectively
- increase muscle tone and fitness
- improve energy levels
- age healthily
- support the nutrition and health of their cells
- know exactly which treatment program, supplements, diet etc is most suitable for their individual requirements
The test is quick and the results can be charted over time so that you have a clear picture of your progress and improvement as you work towards achieving your health goals.