Breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day. If you’re someone who skips breakfast, a breakfast shake can be a simple & quick alternative to a sit down meal to allow you to start the day with vital nutrients.
This simple Vegan Breakfast Shake is delicious, filling, low GI, alkaline and packed with protein & nutrition.
- 2 heaped tablespoons of vanilla pea protein powder
- 1 tspn chia seeds ¹
- 1 tablespoon LSA
- berries/fresh mango/half banana
- pinch of cinnamon
- 300ml+ of water/coconut water ²
- (optional – add a serve of green superfood powder)
Place all the ingredients in to a blender ³ & drink.
- Chia Seeds will thicken the longer they stand. If you intend to make the shake and let it sit in the fridge for a while before drinking, you will need to either adjust the amount of chia seeds used, use less water, or enjoy the added thickness.
- Choose a coconut water with a low natural sugar content. Once opened coconut water has a short shelf life. For smoothies, you might want to consider using coconut water powder instead. It’s cheaper and leaves a smaller eco-footprint on the planet.
- While I use a Vitamix for blending, it’s not necessary for a shake like this. Any budget blender with either a glass or BPA Free jug will be fine. Bullet blenders like the Tribest Blender are a great little powerhouse for single serve blending and are easier to wash up than larger blenders. You can see the Tribest and the Vitamix side by side in this comparison review.